If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen me eating protein balls everyday lately. I am seriously obsessed with protein balls but have found them to be very pricey to buy on the daily. So, I thought I would try and make them myself to save a buck and also use up some of the meal replacement powder I received.
If you type into Google protein ball recipes it can be rather overwhelming, so I just went onto GoodnessMe Box and picked the first one I found.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen) I used Creative Gourmet frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons of F4U vanilla malt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut (desiccated)
- 1 lemon zest
- Coles LSA mix (a great mix of linseed, sunflower seeds and almond meal)
- Simply mix all ingredients in a bowl or best blend in a food processor
- Roll into balls and voila, you got yourself some protein balls
- Store in fridge in an air tight container for happy snacking
Tip: Use an ice cream scoop for each ball. Who doesn’t love even balls?
I swapped the cashews for a LSA mix to get some extra nutrients in them. They taste great but were lacking a little crunch (hence why I should have followed the recipe since it was my first time making protein balls), but I would highly recommend adding the cashews and LSA mix.
Protein balls are great for healthy snacks to keep you going through until your next meal.
Original recipe can be found here
If you haven’t had the chance to check out my post featuring Formulated For You meal replacement shakes, then check out my blog post here, I used their meal replacement powder in the protein balls.
Check out Formulated For You here
This post was sponsored by Formulated For You
Words Zerin Hassan / Post editing by Sarah Jane Bell