Since every other blogger has done a what’s in my makeup bag blog post, I thought I would also join the party. But in all honesty, I should have done a what’s all over my bathroom sink post, cause that is where most of my makeup lived for weeks, months, years (just ask my partner)
You all know I recently had a massive clear out of all my beauty and skincare products and have moved homes, so I just wanted one cosmetic case filled with all my favourite products that I actually use and can’t live without. I have added some current newbies that I am testing out too.
There is no point having 100 lipsticks when I only wear one shade. I have also cut back on beauty related collaborations as I really don’t wear much make up. I like to stick to what I know and what works well with my face. I know, so boring LOL.
I only have 3 favourite products that I can’t live without!
- Lipstick: I have tried many lipsticks in my day but Maybelline Tantalizing Taupe number 725 is the perfect nude and the only lipstick I need in my life. If they ever discontinued this shade, I would die. Not dramatic at all.
- Foundation: I have tried many high-end foundations, but foundation is something I really struggle with. My skin doesn’t take well to foundations which is why I don’t wear it daily. Maybelline Fit Me Matte Pore Foundation has been my favourite for years. It’s so affordable (I always stock up when Priceline have a sale) You don’t really need a lot of product to get a good even coverage for day but if you prefer a fuller coverage for night like I do, you can really work the product in without looking like a cake face.
- Setting Spray: I have shared my love of this product more than once! I received a PR sample and have purchased these three times since. The Rimmel London Insta Fix & Go Primer & Setting Spray smells amazing and really keeps my make up in place especially in Summer.
Newbies I am loving:
La Mav Certified Organic Bio-Active Primer & Fenty Beauty PRO FILT’R Instant Retouch Primer (also Rihanna’s fav), both are amazing as they feel great on my skin and really make my foundation look flawless. I sometimes/often forget to apply primer and can really see the difference of how my foundation sits with a primer on.
Cosmetic case splurge:
I love to splurge on mascara as I really feel as though mascara completes my basic make up routine. I always get compliments on the length of my eyelashes (I don’t know why) but hey I gotta learn to take a compliment. I recently purchased GIVENCHY Noir Couture Volume Mascara. I hated this mascara in the start as it was quite clunky when applying but once I cleaned the brush it was heaven. I also love Too Faced Better Then Sex Mascara & every mascara I have tried from Chanel I love. Purely cause it’s Chanel and my favourite designer brand. The packaging is so pretty.
Other goodies that managed to stay in my cosmetic case:
- Nude by Nature Natural Wonders Eye Palette
- RIMMEL Kate Sculpting Kit #004 Highlighting Palette (I use this as my bronzer)
- Capsule from Pressplay Cosmetics (perfect for when I hit the clubs for touch ups)
- Fenty Beauty Match Stix Trio I try and try to contour but I still don’t look as banging as RIRI, these are so pretty.
I told you I was pretty boring when it comes to make up. I have a bunch of products from IT Cosmetics that I can’t wait to try out and I am on the hunt for some tinted moisturisers to try out too. So, if you can recommend any please comment below.
Bet your all wondering where this gorgeous case is from? My good friends at V&M always providing me with the goods. What I love is the wash-bag is handmade in Australia. Everyone individually made with the highest of quality from Italian leather. V&M understands we all have our own colour tastes and that’s why the wash-bag comes in two colours, how could I go past the dusty rose pink!
Want one too? Check it out at https://www.vandm-lifestyle.com/shop/washbag-dusty-rose
This post was sponsored by V&M Lifestyle